PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : IMAP4: Neue Mails im Client als neu anzeigen geht nicht

ThyMaster
05.06.03, 16:24
Hi,

Ich habe erfolgreich einen IMAP4 (aka IMAP200x) inetd Deamon laufen.
Einloggen, Mails abrufen geht wunderbar (mit Mozilla 1.x).

Ich habe (wie für IMAP üblich) weitere Ordner und Unterordner angelegt, die auch ordnungsgemäß in der .mailboxlist eingetragen sind.

Was allerdings nicht funktioniert (und sehr nervig ist) sind folgende 2 Punkte:

1. Ich kann mit Mozilla zwar neue Mailordner anlegen, aber keine mehr löschen (O-Ton Mozilla: The mail server responded: RENAME failed. Can't create mailbox node /home/myname/Trash: file exists)

2. Ich nutze procmail um server-seitig meine Mails in die einzelnen Mailordner zu sortieren. Das führt dazu, dass Mozilla keine neuen Mails anzeigt, obgleich neue Mails angekommen sind. Erst wenn ich einmal alle Mailboxordner händisch aktualisiere, werden neue Mails angezeigt.

Habt Ihr Ideen woran's liegen kann?

Gruß
Falko

P.S.: Ich weiß, dass es geht, da ich mit dem Firmen-IMAP Account keine Probleme habe.

ThyMaster
06.06.03, 14:43
Sooo, auf Frage 1 hab ich jetzt im Netz folgendes gefunden (funktioniert auch)

"RENAME failed" error with netscape mail.
Problem: I want to get rid of an IMAP-converted folder, but it won't let me delete it. I get an error: "The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: RENAME failed: Can't create mailbox node /home/userid/mail/Trash/: File exists". Why does this happen and is there a workaround?

Solution: (From Netscape v 4.7 Release notes):

"Certain servers (i.e., University of Washington) may prevent you from renaming or deleting subscribed mail folders if you have specified that deleted messages should be automatically moved to the Trash folder. If you try to delete a mail folder and then see an error message that the command failed, you should choose Subscribe from the
File menu, and then unsubscribe your Trash folder and leave it unsubscribed."

The Trash folder still shows up in the folder list, and folder deletes work properly. To delete a folder simply elect it and hit the Delete key. You get two confirmation boxes:
"This mail server cannot undo folder delete, delete anyway?",
and
"Deleting '(null)' will delete all of the messages it contains. Are you sure you still want to delete this folder?"
Click on OK for both.

Bleibt noch Frage 2. Any ideas?

Olodin
10.07.03, 20:57
Ist zwar schon älter der Thread, aber mir hat die Thunderbird Newsgroup geholfen:

Try adding this line to your user.js file. Not sure if it will work in Thunderbird though, but it did when I used it in Mozilla. If you don't know what user.js is, it is simply a plain text file that resides in your profile directory to which you can add user customized preferences that (at least in Mozilla), will not be overrided by prefs.js.

user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);