PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Soundblaster Audigy (-Player) unter Linux

redlabour
18.03.03, 13:27
Habe endlich mal eine Anleitung zum Thema "Audigy unter Linux" gefunden.

"The first thing to do is download the driver source archive from http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1/.

Extract the archive in a directory you have write access to (your home directory): tar xvjf emu10k1-v0.20a.tar.bz2

Enter the extracted directory: cd emu10k1-v0.20

Next run:

make
make all

Then run (as root):

make install

If the first make fails then you will need to edit the file config so that the line KERNEL_SOURCE := gives the location of your kernel source code.

Ussually this location is: /usr/src/linux

Next run (not as root):

make tools

Then run (as root):

make install-tools

The script audigy-script and the config file emu10k1.conf are both installed to /usr/local/etc/.

I have written replacements for these files which fix lots of bugs with the default ones. I would advise you to read them and then replace the existing ones with my versions:

audigy-script
emu10k1.conf

audigy-script is used to configure the soundcard so that all the channels are setup properly and so that recording works.
emu10k1.conf is used to set some options for audigy-script.

Aditional Information

audigy-script sets up the following volume controls:

Vol - Front Speaker Volumes
OGain - Rear Speaker Volumes
line1 - Center/Subwoofer Volumes

If you find that you are only getting a particular sound source (eg. CD playback) through the 2 front channels, you can mirror them to the rear 2 channels by adding the following line to audigy-script:
$DSPMGR -a"Pcm:$REAR"I find that recording works fine, you just have to select the source you want using Aumix and you can use the Igain volume control to control the recording volume.
Also thanks to Colin McCambridge for these 2 tips:

1) Don't download and use the 0.9.4 tools package from sourceforge, as it appears to contain an old version of the emu-dspmgr program that does *not* seem to support stereo input/output routing (Both the included script and yours were broken when using that tool, because "Pcm" was not a valid input for the route). The included tools in the driver package work just fine

2) For people with Audigy Platinum cards that have the Audigy Drive and InfraRed remote, the fix that took me so long to find to enable the system MIDI messages triggered by the infrared remote (and thus enable the remote's functionality) is this:

Before compiling the emu10k1 driver, you have to edit the midi.h file and uncomment the line #define USE_AUDIGY_DRIVE_MIDI. The Audigy card has two MIDI devices, and since the emu10k1 developers have yet to get both working at the same time, uncommenting that line switches support from the first to the second on Audigy Platinum cards. "

FÜR GENTOO:

"Installing Under Gentoo Linux

Grab this package which contains an eBuild I wrote (last updated 8th March 2003): emu10k1-tenpin-0.20a.tar.gz.

Change to the directory: /usr/portage/media-sound

Then (as root) extract the package: tar zvxf emu10k1-tenpin-0.02a.tar.gz

Then run: emerge emu10k1-tenpin

If you want the driver loaded at boot time and volume settings restored then do the following:

As root run: rc-update add modules boot;rc-update add sound default

Also you must edit /etc/modules.autoloadand add the line:

emu10k1

To load the driver run (As root): modprobe emu10k1

To save current volume levels either run as root: emu10k1-script save or edit /etc/aumixrc.

Use /etc/emu10k1/<cardtype>.confto configure your card then run /usr/sbin/emu10k1-script to apply changes.

Thats it, everything should work now."

Quelle: http://basic-rip.co.uk/tenpin/linux_audigy_faq.html by J+dot+M+dot+Boler+@+sms+dot+ed+dot+ac+dot+uk