PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Suse 9.2 und Intel SATA Controller ICH7 ?

LeXTul
24.07.06, 14:38
Hallo Forum,

wir möchten demnächst auf einen Laptop (Dell Latitude D820 ) Suse 9.2 Professional aufspielen. Nun habe ich gehört, Suse 9.2 Pro hat Probleme mit dem HDD Controller (Ist ja glaubich die Intel ICH7 des 945 Chipsets, also SATA).

Hat dazu jemand Erfahrungen bzw kann man bei der Installation von 9.2 einen aktuellen Treiber nachladen damit die Installation funzt oder gibt es aktualisierte CDs mit neuem Kernel ?

Eine aktuellere Version ist keine mögliche Option, leider.

Hoffentlich ist das technisch irgendwie machbar ...

/edit: http://math.umh.ac.be/an/D820/ sagt z.B. (interessant)

Due to the SATA hard disk and the Broadcom NIC, a recent kernel version is required. I decided to go for the netinstall β2 release of the Debian Installer which comes with a 2.6.15 kernel. However, if you burn it on a CD and boot from it, you get the message "No common CD-ROM drive was detected" which makes it impossible to go further. The workaround I used is to boot from a USB stick (don't worry you will get your CDROM working later). This procedure requires that you have access to a running Linux system. As my stick contained other data , I used the following procedure to set it up. From the "other images" hd-media directory, download vmlinuz, initrd.gz (for the 2.6 kernels). You also need an ISO image; I chose debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso. Assuming the device of your usb stick is /dev/sdb1, issue, with the device unmounted,