PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Default Anwendungen festlegen

drunkenPenguin
30.06.06, 14:52
Hallo,

Wer schon mal mit Beagle irgendwelche Dokumente gefunden hat und freudig darauf losgeklickt hat, wird sich hier und da gewundert haben, wieso zum Teufel Beagle E-Mails mit kmail oder irgendeinem anderen Programm oeffnet.
Die Loesung habe ich im Xfce-Forum gepostet, hier ist sie nochmal, allerdings auf Englisch. Ich werde es bei Gelegenheit in deutsch abliefern.

------------
Hi,

after some googling I found a solution ...
Take a look at /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache. This file is generated by the app 'update-desktop-database' (you need to run it as superuser, if you want to build the database manually).
In there, you will find stuff looking something like this:

Code:
[MIME Cache]
[...]
application/arj=xarchiver.desktop
application/bluefish-project=bluefish-project.desktop
application/csv=gnumeric.desktop
application/excel=gnumeric.desktop
application/html+xml=galeon.desktop
application/illustrator=kde-kghostview.desktop
[...]

Copy the file mimeinfo.cache to your home directory:
cp /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache ~/.local/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache

Take a close look how the syntax of the entries looks like. It's not too difficult.
For instance, if you want to change the default application that will be started to view your mails, change the value of the following line:

Code:
message/rfc822=gedit.desktop;gvim-desktop;

As you can see, I use gedit as first application and gvim as fallback.

But how about to find the right application name? It's quite easy: just type
find /usr/share/applications -type f -name "$whatyouwant*"
Substitute $whatyouwant by your search term.

Or use some GUI Search Tool like gnome-search-tool or kfind.

I hope this will be helpfull to someone.

Regards
Daniel

http://forum.xfce.org/index.php?topic=2234.0

EDIT: Attention! This will not work for all mime types. Gnome (nautilus) settings may override those settings above.
----------