PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Netzausfallen

Ichpuchtli
29.05.05, 10:01
Hallo bin ich nicht ein gebürtiger Deutscher, also verzeihen du meinem Deutschen. Ich habe ein Problem, mit file share (Ich kenne dieses Wort nicht auf deutsch) in meinem Netz. Ich verwende dieses Sieten, weil es keine englischen gibt, die gut sind. (Anyone here speak good English because Germans are very helpful). Ich hoffe, daß ihr Leute etwas gute Informationen haben.

Wie war meine Deutsch. :D

Stormbringer
29.05.05, 10:28
Hi,

was ist denn genau das Problem? Was passiert genau?
Hast Du Probleme mit dem 'sharing' von Daten (bspw. via samba oder nfs), oder mit 'file-sharing services' á la exeem, bittorrent, usw.?

Dein deutsch ist auf jeden Fall verständlich!!! :)

Schöne Grüße nach down-under ;)

Ichpuchtli
29.05.05, 10:38
Ich gerade gelange die Wahl nicht an "share files", das ich nicht kann. Können Sie Englisch sprechen, dort sind keine guthilfe auf englisch.

mamue
29.05.05, 10:45
You may try to describe your problem in english.
I do not get your problem.
What is your Server operating system (redhat, SuSE, debian; version)?
What is your client operating system (e.g. Windows XP prof SP2)?
What version of samba do you use and how did you configure it? It might be a good idea to post the relevent part of the smb.conf here (e.g.: [global], [netlogon]).

cincerely,
mamue

Ichpuchtli
29.05.05, 10:50
Thank you so much. I have a router and now I have access to the Internet so do 5 other computers. The one thing I can't find is file share, which is where you share files and can access the hard drives of other computers that are linked to the network. There is no option for me to set it up.

I have linux Suse you know the one with the lizard as it's mascot aswell as TUX. If some on can tell me how to make this possible it would be greatly apprecitated. Oh I have Linux Suse 9.2 maybe that information helps you, thank you so much for allowing me to speak English. :)

mcfock
29.05.05, 11:08
For sharing files over the network you will need a fileserver, called "samba"
Windows can also get access to these shares, but you need a proper smb.conf.
First of all post you /etc/samba/smb.conf here, then we can analyze your problem.

Freekazonid
29.05.05, 11:16
these 5 pcs are all gnu/linux machines? then you should give NFS a try. take this as a cue and google around, you should find enough about it...

otherwise you have to use samba...

anyway, you can use yast to install NFS (or samba), but its well-known that there are some suse versions outthere without an option to install NFS, so here you go

http://www.mirror.ac.uk/mirror/ftp.suse.com/i386/9.2/

add this ftp server as a yast source... hope ya know how to do it, i'm not familiar to suse/yast

otherwise u can leech the given files manually

Ichpuchtli
29.05.05, 11:23
Thabk you I do have samba somewhere I will just go and try it now So hold on I will let yu know how it goes. Hold tight I will be right back.

Ichpuchtli
29.05.05, 11:25
Ok I found to Samba things one called Samba server and the other called Samba Client. Which one do I go into. Thank you guys for been so helpful much more helpful then the English Forums. By the way I can read and speak German better then I can write it.

mcfock
29.05.05, 11:58
To share a directory on a machine you need to start the sambadaemons (/etc/init.d/samba start) if you havent done so.
Then you need to add the following to you smb.conf

[NameOfYouShare]
path = /path/to/the/directory/you/want/to/share
comment = A string which describes your share (e.g. my mp3s)
public = yes/no
guest ok = yes/no
read only = yes/no
browseable = yes/no

next save your smb.conf
then you can use programs like "Linneighborhood" or "xsmbrowser" to get access to your shares from other machines (or you use windows' browser ;) )

Ichpuchtli
29.05.05, 12:01
I use linux not windows I just need to know what samba to go to, plus I don't get your post. I think this sounds a bit rude but it is not meant to be. Is there any way to do this with out all the complex stuff.

mcfock
29.05.05, 12:10
Fire up the editor (for example nano) of your choice, open /etc/samba/smb.conf
and insert the piece of code i posted above.
You need to specify a directory that should be accessible to the network.

But there must be a yast module to manage samba shares - i dont use suse

Blade
29.05.05, 16:40
If you start X-Window with KDE, you can manage the samba-settings by using the configuration-center of SuSE. There you can easily produce/manage users with all right-settings and you can handle the shared folders. Try it out with the right mouse-click.

Ichpuchtli
29.05.05, 22:05
Ok guys I know you are trying to help but I am not understanding is there any way you can put it in a simpler form or is that as simple as it gets, because right now I feel quite dumb.

Ichpuchtli
29.05.05, 22:09
Holld I think I just got it thank you but in that file thing I can't find samba start.

HirschHeisseIch
30.05.05, 02:12
Try as root:
/etc/init.d/samba start

If it works for you, you can add it to your default-runleve.
Afair there is a runlevel-editor shipped with SuSE. If not, a SuSE-User is asked here. I don't know the folders used in SuSE.

But if your network linux-only, you should use NFS. It's the Unix/Linux way of sharing files.

stefan-tiger
30.05.05, 06:25
Try

http://localhost:901

in a browser on the server. SWAT should appear if correctly installed.
With SWAT you can administrate your samba GUI-like through a webform.

There are Some "Help" Links around too.

Greetings

Ichpuchtli
30.05.05, 07:43
Alright I found the second addie on my computer so now I am going on to root I will let you know howit goes. ;)

emwe
30.05.05, 08:20
Hi,

If I got your question right it's just about which package you need. If that is the case, read on:
On every machine you want to share files on, you need a samba server daemon installed. On every machine that is to access these files, you need the "samba client"-package. You can also install both packages on one machine.

The samba server daemon needs to be configured (this can easily be done the way Blade or stefan-tiger explained above), whereas the client package should not need much configuration work.

See also:

Thread in this forum describing the installation of samba on SuSE (german):
http://www.linuxforen.de/forums/showthread.php?t=182616

Novell Admin Guide - File Sharing (english):
http://www.novell.com/documentation/suse91/suselinux-adminguide/html/ch17.html

As mentioned before, you could also use NFS, which is even more simple to configure.
If you do not intend to connect Windows Clients to your network, this is possibly the most simple way to do file sharing with Linux.
For NFS see this HOWTO from Novell:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/suse91/suselinux-adminguide/html/ch14s09.html

Greets,

emwe

Ichpuchtli
30.05.05, 09:39
Ok thanks I can read German so that is ok it is just a major problem that I have incontered which that I accidently ruined my network connection whne trying to access files I now have no Internet. I am writing this from another computer that still has the net. It is connected to the same router.

Ichpuchtli
31.05.05, 07:36
Ok I got the net back up and running and put the code in two computers but now they won't allow to send data I still have no option to any advice on where I should go. I have done, all the Samba stuff and what have you.

Susu
31.05.05, 09:14
I have no clue about Samba, NFS and networking, but you really should start YAST (the central configuration tool) and look out for a samba module where you can adjust everything to your likes.

Susu

Ichpuchtli
31.05.05, 10:39
I know that but I don't know what I want from it I know nothing about it.

Susu
31.05.05, 10:49
The best way to find out about things is learning... *g* I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear that, but in fact the sooner you start reading the faster you'll get it working. Maybe you have a look at http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/

Susu

Ichpuchtli
31.05.05, 11:46
Alright thanks I will now start the long process of reading through all that information.
Thanks for all the help guys sorry I couldn't explain my problem in German, but I can read and write and speak it. Anymore info would be great.

Susu
31.05.05, 12:02
You don't have to read ALL of the samba how-to. Start with the first chapter and find out how to set up your smb.conf. Then find out how to connect to other clients. As an alternative you can find out how to configure with Yast, which is probably the easiest way... *g*

Good luck!
Susu

Ichpuchtli
12.06.05, 13:26
Ok I did all the reading, but I still can't get it to work. I can get 1 computer this one to except it but the other I have no luck with. Oh god I don't belive it is there any more code stuff that I can put in to make it work. :confused: :confused: